Rainbow Technology's TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR CLOTHING is formulated to provide up to six weeks of protection against biting insects such as ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, and mites on clothing surfaces. It also offers protection without reducing the safety of the Fire Retardant Clothing.
Widespread Zika virus transmission in the Region of the Americas since 2015 has heightened the urgency of preparing for the possibility of expansion of mosquito-borne transmission of Zika virus during the 2016 mosquito season.1 According to the Center for Disease Control, "treat clothing and gear with permethrin or purchase permethrin-treated items.”2 Rainbow Technology offers the following EPA-registered products that contain permethrin.
Not for use on skin. For skin protection, click here.
- Fire Retardant Clothing
- TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR CLOTHING is formulated to provide up to six weeks of protection against biting insects such as ticks and mosquitoes on clothing surfaces without reducing the Safety of the Fire Retardant Clothing.
- TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR CLOTHING is packaged in either a 6 oz "eco spray" pump bottle or a 24 oz trigger spray bottle which spray like an aerosol without concerns of flammable propellants.
- The active ingredient permethrin not only repels, but kills the ticks and mosquitoes that come in contact with treated clothing, helping to reduce the possibility of the spreading of deadly diseases.
- TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT is so effective in killing and repelling ticks and mosquitoes, it is used by U.S. Military personnel in the most heavily infested conditions.
- Use TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT on clothing surfaces per label directions combined with Jungle Formula Insect Repellent Towelette (4508) on exposed skin surfaces to provide the ultimate protective barrier against biting, disease carrying insects.
- An ASTM test 1958/F - 1958/M -05 was conducted on Fire Retardant Clothing treated with TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT FOR CLOTHING, which showed no negative effects to the Fire Retardant Clothing. During the same test, the Clothing treated with Deet showed that Deet caused the Clothing to burn, for 16 seconds after the arc flash.
- TICK & MOSQUITO REPELLENT is used as follows: Treat outer surfaces of each outfit, front and back for 60 seconds each and allow to dry for at least 2 hours. (A complete outfit consists of shirt, trousers, and socks). Pay particular attention to socks, trouser cuffs, and shirt cuffs. Do not retreat clothing more than once every six weeks or six washings.
Features & Benefits
|Repels and kills ticks and mosquitoes||Maximum protection from disease carrying insects|
|Heavy-duty formula||Used by the military in the most heavily infested conditions.|
Permethrin is a specially designed formula that bonds with fabric to provide protection for six weeks or longer. Repels and kills ticks and mosquitoes. Reduces possibility of spreading of Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, West Nile Virus, and other infectious diseases caused by ticks and mosquitoes. Tested safe per ASTM F1506, Electrical ARC and Flammability Test, and ASTM 1958F - 1958M - 05, Electrical ARC Exposure method using mannequins F, Federal Test Method H191 method 5903, Flame resistance of clothing vertical burn.